Thursday, May 23, 2019

Summer


It's that time of year. Everyone is starting to post pictures of their kid's last day of school. Summer break is here! For Weston, that day is tomorrow. He is SO excited to sleep in and play and swim and relax. I'm so excited for him because I remember how wonderful it was to finish another school year and finally have the freedom to just be a kid. But I can't help but be a little sad and tear up because my dear, sweet Colton doesn't get a summer break. Is he sad about it? No. Colton doesn't even know what summer break is or that kids don't have to attend school for 2 months...but I know. I also know that Colton has to work SO very hard to do basic things like run, jump, talk, eat, dress/undress, etc...so a summer off for him would be detrimental. He NEEDS to be at school. And Colton really loves school. He thrives on routines and schedules, so it's great for him. So as much as I'll miss him everyday, I know he's where he needs to be. And as long as he is happy, I'm happy. Luckily, Colton has a really awesome Daddy who has offered to take Colton to school everyday so that I don't have to get the other boys up and out of the house early each morning. We are so thankful for that! If I'm being honest, it will be easier for me to only have 2 kids each day as opposed to three. I'll get to have some fun time with my big and my little...but we'll definitely be missing our middle. He will get to join us for Memorial Day and 4th of July...and we certainly can pull him out for a few days if we decide to go do something fun, but for the majority of the summer, he will be at school.

Even though he can't join us for activities during the week, you better believe Colton's still gonna have a fun summer full of swimming, boating, tubing, playing...we will just do it on the weekends and after school! Excited to make fun memories this summer with my three little boys. Happy Summer everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment