Monday, August 1, 2016

Smitten



Y'all.... This. Baby. I just can't even tell you how smitten I am with him. When I'm with him, I just can't help but kiss all over his face and smile. He makes my life SO happy! I love both of my babies something fierce, but I don't think I appreciated the baby phase with Weston as much because he was my first and I was more nervous. I wanted him to grow up too fast (I wanted him to sit up, crawl, walk, talk, go to the potty, etc...). I didn't realize how fast Weston would grow up...and I'm sad that he can already do those things and he's losing his baby fat and turning into a little boy....a little boy who's about to be 4!



So with Colton, I'm appreciating the baby phase more. And obviously, I'm celebrating the milestones more...but only because Colton has to work SO much harder to reach those milestones. We've been working on prop sitting, which he can do when he wants to. If he doesn't want to, he arches back and wiggles out of it and it frustrates me because I know he can do it! The other day, I sat in front of him and sang to him and talked to him and he prop sat for over 1 minute. Little turkey! We did some prop sitting at the beach...which was great because the sand was packed tight and he does better on a harder surface. Plus, you can't beat looking at the ocean during some therapy time. He loved it! And I was not holding him up one bit.





He also did some tummy time at the beach. Again, the hard sand it easier for him to push off of with his arms. Colton is a beach and boat baby! He definitely got some sun because I can see tan lines in his ankle creases....hehehe. It cracks me up!





He also likes to swim. He splashes those arms and kicks those legs and his entire face lights up with excitement. Water therapy is great for him! You are a little more aware of where your body is in space when you're in water, so my PT suggested we let him swim a lot. I never knew he'd want to scuba dive on his own...



As you can see, we just got back from a beach trip. I took my 2 little boys to Florida on an airplane...BY MYSELF! I was really nervous for the trip, but the boys were great! Never once did I think, WHY DID I DO THIS??? I had the double stroller and my Baby Bjorn to strap Colton to me when I needed my arms free. Weston watched movies on the plane, ate lots of candy (bribing works), and played with toys. Colton ate a bottle as we took off so that his ears wouldn't hurt, slept, and watched his brother play. Colton is such an easy baby, so that's part of the reason why I was willing to fly alone. He's content usually anywhere we go, so I was confident he'd fly like a champ. We are home now and back to reality. Colton goes to PT tomorrow and hasn't been in 11 days...hoping he doesn't cry the entire time like he did after our last trip. His therapy gym isn't as pretty as the beach. But...hopefully he'll show off his new skills....like rolling from back to front to back again(in the same direction). That's one of our new tricks...hooray!!!!!!!!! Colton is becoming more dangerous...and that makes me smile!



No comments:

Post a Comment